According to the order of State Nuclear Regulatory Inspectorate №143 dated 02.10.2014, all workers of “A” category must complete the radiation safety training when working with ionizing radiation sources. The course of lectures and practical work on the fundamentals of radiation safety and dosimetry has been developed and agreed in RREPL. We have all the necessary equipment to provide this training. Also, there is a group of teachers who were trained in special Radiological Center "STAKS" and passed exams at the Eastern Inspectorate on Nuclear and Radiation Safety SNRI of Ukraine.
We hold classes as groups fill up. There may be no more than 15 people in a group. At the end of the training, participants take an exam.
Main topics of the training program:
- Physical properties of ionizing radiation (IR);
- Sources of IR;
- The effect of IR on biological objects;
- IR dosimetry;
- Radiation control devices;
- Protection techniques against IR;
- Radiation safety standards and requirements;
- The legal framework for regulating the activities with IR sources;
- Organization of radiation control at the NSC KIPT;
- Radioecological monitoring. Emergency planning techniques.
- MESHERYAKOV V.A. – Deputy Chief Engineer for Nuclear and Radiation Safety at the NSC KIPT;
- MAZILOV A.A. – Head of RREPL, Ph.D. in Phys. and Math.;
- SKOROBAGAT’KO D.A. – Researcher at RREPL, Ph.D. in Bio.;
- YAREMKO O.I. – Lead Research Engineer at RREPL.